Data Analytics Manager
ReUp Education is seeking a Data Analytics Manager to build the data backbone of our company. By helping us continue to build a data infrastructure and daily analytics practices, you’ll help us achieve our ambitious goals to re-enroll college students and support them through graduation. As the Data Analytics Manager, you’ll report directly to the Chief Operating Officer, CEO Nitzan Pelman, and work alongside our team of twenty.
This is a great opportunity to play a pivotal role in scaling a young company as we tackle a problem that affects a largely under-served community. If you’re interested in using the power of data to transform the lives of thousands and thousands of people across the country by helping them complete college, come join us!
You’re the kind of person who:
- Has a favorite Python function
- Reads FiveThirtyEight religiously
- Thinks everyone deserves a second chance – especially when it comes to education!
- Build and continually refine data models that predict which students are more and less likely to re-enroll and engage in coaching based on initial client work and enrollments
- Analyze team outreach data to identify trends and provide actionable recommendations to improve student outreach efforts
- Delve deeply into the team’s operations to identify how the right kinds of analysis might unlock new ways to improve student targeting and team efficiency
- Define KPIs and develop company operational dashboards that drive strategy and enable self-service analytics
Build and manage processes that update/insert data from client systems into our instance of Salesforce
Develop and maintain a database that consolidates our coaching data and enables analytics and predictive modeling
- Oversee Salesforce administration to ensure that the system and data are in line with the coach workflow, analytics needs, and data governance
- Collaborate with the Product Manager to analyze how existing tools could be used to improve analytics capabilities and identify new, existing technologies could be procured to advance the team’s capabilities. This may mean performing a thorough needs-assessment to recommend a data warehouse solution or working with an existing, chosen solution
- You have a strong (and demonstrated) ability to use data to solve practical problems at the organizational level
- You’ve helped organizations choose the most important data to collect to solve a concrete problem, helped leaders within the organization understand their reasoning, and personally executed (and possibly led others) to gather and analyze the data and then produce recommendations
- You enjoy being a full-stack analyst that can build an entire analytics ecosystem from scratch
- You’re skilled in producing descriptive and predictive statistical models to describe a population. You may not necessarily have heavy statistical experience, but you know to model and analyze linear regressions well
- You’re keen on helping non-technical people understand data analyses - their significance, implications, etc. - and know how to bring them in as collaborators in problem solving
- You’ve set up scalable data warehouses in the past that successfully integrate with Salesforce or other CRMs (and stay updated)
- Working with CRMs like Salesforce is something you find enjoyable
- You’re motivated to help an organization adopt and continually improve their data-driven practices
ReUp employees share a passion for second and third chances. We fight hard to support students as they embark on finishing what they started. We believe in the power of human potential and you can feel that in our bones and our culture. We really mean it when we say we care about hiring people from diverse backgrounds. Take a look at our team tab on our website to read about our staff’s stories. We strive to create a safe and supportive environment where trust, communication, creativity, and humility are valued as highly as technical skills. We believe shared ownership builds a more resilient company, and we tackle hard problems, together. If that sounds like your dream work environment, we look forward to hearing from you.
- Our offices are conveniently located in the SoMa neighborhood in San Francisco
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees; we pay 100% of the employee's premium and 50% of any dependents' premiums
- Flexible time off and work from home policies
Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
ReUp Education, Inc. ("ReUp") provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ReUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. ReUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ReUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.