Business Development Representative
DID YOU KNOW THAT...
40% OF COLLEGE STUDENTS IN THE UNITED STATES DROP OUT. That’s more than 31 million Americans who were on the path to a degree but couldn’t finish. Many dropouts are the first in their family to go to college, and all face a myriad of financial, social, and academic challenges that keep them from finishing. These students are often forced to take jobs that don’t pay as well, don’t ignite their passion, and don’t let them reach their potential. Even worse, they leave college with mountains of debt just like graduates, but without the earning power of a diploma.
According to a 2016 report from Georgetown University, “of the 11.6 million jobs created after the 2008 recession, 8.4 million went to those with at least a bachelor's degree.” Further studies reveal, “occupations commonly held by those with only high school degrees shed many positions during the recession and have not recovered.”
While this completion crisis is alarming and a true tragedy of opportunity, we believe it is fixable. We believe in second (and third) chances.
Imagine if we could clear the path for students to go back to school, complete their remaining credits, and graduate. That’s what we do at ReUp. Addressing the fact that over 89% of dropouts report they’ve thought about re-enrolling, we partner with universities to re-enroll students who have taken a break from college. ReUp uses proprietary technology to locate these students and gives them the resources to get back in school. We’ve built a robust program using cutting-edge tech tools, big data analytics, marketing IP, human ingenuity, and a lot of heart and soul. Once students go back to school, we continue to support them in their quest to earn a degree.
Our numbers speak for themselves: Since February of 2017, we’ve sent over 3500 students back to school. And we’re expanding fast. We are the only higher-ed company in the U.S. to focus exclusively on serving this unique population. We are outcomes driven and incentive aligned. We get paid when we deliver for students and universities.
ReUp Education seeks an experienced Business Development Representative (BDR) to support the Sales Team. We are looking for a Business Development Representative to act as the liaison between our Marketing and Sales teams. Your role will be to seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience developing leads from marketing campaigns and meeting sales quotas. You will use your communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with customers, from first contact until you close the deal. You will also ensure proper after-sales service. If you are motivated and results-driven, and enjoy working in a team environment, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will boost sales and contribute to our long-term business growth.
- Qualifying leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Contacting potential clients through cold calls and emails
- Presenting our company to potential clients
- Identifying client needs and suggest appropriate products/services
- Customizing product solutions to increase customer satisfaction
- Building long-term trusting relationships with clients
- Proactively seeking new business opportunities in the market
- Setting up meetings or calls between (prospective) clients and Sales and Partnership Directors
- Report to the Business Development leader or VP of Sales on (weekly/monthly/quarterly) sales results
- Stay up-to-date with new products/services and new pricing/payment plans
- Coordinate outreach and marketing activities with Sales and Partnership Directors
- Proven work experience as a Business Development Representative, Sales Account Executive or similar role
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
- Track record of achieving sales quotas
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Familiarity with MS Excel (analyzing spreadsheets and charts)
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
- BS degree in Marketing, Business Administration or relevant field
Candidate is either based in the Bay Area and able to work out of our San Francisco office, or if based outside of the Bay Area, able to work remotely and make periodic trips to San Francisco.
ReUp employees share a passion for second chances. We fight hard to support students as they embark on finishing what they started. We believe in the power of human potential and you can feel that in our bones and our culture. We really mean it when we say we care about hiring people from diverse backgrounds. Take a look at our team tab on our website to read about our staff’s stories. We strive to create a safe and supportive environment where trust, communication, creativity, and humility are valued as highly as technical skills. We believe shared ownership builds a more resilient company, and we tackle hard problems, together. If that sounds like your dream work environment, we look forward to hearing from you.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees; we pay 100% of the employee's premium and 50% of any dependents' premiums
- Flexible time off and work from home policies
- 401(k) plan
Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
ReUp Education, Inc. ("ReUp") provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ReUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. ReUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ReUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.