Business Operations Manager
DID YOU KNOW THAT...
40% OF COLLEGE STUDENTS IN THE UNITED STATES DROP OUT. That’s more than 31 million Americans who were on the path to a degree but couldn’t finish. Many dropouts are the first in their family to go to college, and all face a myriad of financial, social, and academic challenges that keep them from finishing. These students are often forced to take jobs that don’t pay as well, don’t ignite their passion, and don’t let them reach their potential. Even worse, they leave college with mountains of debt just like graduates, but without the earning power of a diploma.
According to a 2016 report from Georgetown University, “of the 11.6 million jobs created after the 2008 recession, 8.4 million went to those with at least a bachelor's degree.” Further studies reveal, “occupations commonly held by those with only high school degrees shed many positions during the recession and have not recovered.”
While this completion crisis is alarming and a true tragedy of opportunity, we believe it is fixable. We believe in second (and third) chances.
Imagine if we could clear the path for students to go back to school, complete their remaining credits, and graduate. That’s what we do at ReUp. Addressing the fact that over 89% of dropouts report they’ve thought about re-enrolling, we partner with universities to re-enroll students who have taken a break from college. ReUp uses proprietary technology to locate these students and gives them the resources to get back in school. We’ve built a robust program using cutting-edge tech tools, big data analytics, marketing IP, human ingenuity, and a lot of heart and soul. Once students go back to school, we continue to support them in their quest to earn a degree.
Our numbers speak for themselves: Since February of 2017, we’ve sent over 3500 students back to school. And we’re expanding fast. We are the only higher-ed company in the U.S. to focus exclusively on serving this unique population. We are outcomes driven and incentive aligned. We get paid when we deliver for students and universities.
ReUp Education seeks an experienced Business Operations Manager to support the Executive and Leadership Teams. We are looking for that person who is capable of working on a range of responsibilities that include supporting processes and initiatives to move things forward for the Company. These responsibilities include but are not limited to human resources support, administrative support, calendar management, meeting support (weekly standing meetings as well as Company retreats), supporting our Sales team in preparing for industry conferences, documentation creation and management, tracking progress on contracts, and other things that arise in a fast-growing startup.
The Business Operations Manager reports directly to the COO and manages a variety of responsibilities. You will be helping to scale our work across the country and tackle a big and important problem.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (but not limited to)
MEETING PLANNING AND SUPPORT
- Set up meeting invites
- Manage meeting agendas
- Meeting notes and follow up
- Meeting planning and support for company offsite meetings
- Travel support for company-wide meetings
Conference Management Support
- Project Manage conferences for the Sales team
- Booth management (reserve space, order support materials, ship collateral)
- Book travel as needed
HUMAN RESOURCES SUPPORT
- Support for onboarding/offboarding for employees
- Maintain org chart
- Maintain employee handbook and other employee HR materials
- Front line support for employee benefits questions
- Maintain company job descriptions
- OKR reporting support
- Coordinating hiring process (supporting with scheduling, email responses, etc)
- Support execution of our review processes via Lattice
- Manage company surveys
- Manage the company documentation for shared materials on Google Drive and other document management systems
- Document procedures and support implementation of policies and best practices
- Draft company communications in partnership with COO
- Travel support for executives as needed
- Expense management for executives
- Basic technology support for company systems (Google Suite, Slack, Ring Central, Lattice, Asana, Calendly, etc)
- Managing Expensify and reimbursements
- Support scheduling for CEO/COO meetings and coordinate with external partners as needed
Contract and Reporting Support
- Work with COO & Sales team to oversee the status of deals in the contracting process
- Manage contract tracker
- Assist the Head of Finance Ops and Strategy as needed with reporting or operational tasks
Able to travel to Company retreats and (if not based in SF) regular meetings in the SF-based ReUp offices.
- 5-10 years working in operations, human resources or other key internal support roles
- Excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills with the ability to rapidly record information
- Excellent organizational skills, able to easily access materials and information needed by business partners
- Excellent follow-through and attention to detail, while still keeping the big picture in mind
- Experience in driving productivity and process improvements
- Solid skills in Microsoft tools and the Google Suite, and an ease and willingness to learn new applications as needed.
- Experience in running virtual meetings (phone and video conferencing) and use of basic distributed employee technology solutions such as Slack, Ring Central/Zoom, etc.
- Ability to share information or delegate tasks on behalf of the Executive team
- Ability to problem-solve and partner appropriately
- Collaborative team member who thrives on working and learning at a fast pace
- Comfortable working with a mostly remote workforce.
NICE TO HAVES
- Ability to provide technical assistance on basic Microsoft and other business applications; knowledge of content management systems such as Confluence
- Experience working in an early stage startup environment
- Experience working in the education industry
- Sense of humor and willingness to roll with the evolving needs of a startup
Candidate is either based in the Bay Area and able to work out of our San Francisco office, or if based outside of the Bay Area, able to work remotely and make periodic trips to San Francisco.
- Help optimize the work efforts of the team.
- Build strong internal relationships that establish trust & confidence.
- Help implement processes to scale company growth.
- Help manage the flow of information to ensure the team remains informed and connected as we scale and grow.
ReUp employees share a passion for second chances. We fight hard to support students as they embark on finishing what they started. We believe in the power of human potential and you can feel that in our bones and our culture. We really mean it when we say we care about hiring people from diverse backgrounds. Take a look at our team tab on our website to read about our staff’s stories. We strive to create a safe and supportive environment where trust, communication, creativity, and humility are valued as highly as technical skills. We believe shared ownership builds a more resilient company, and we tackle hard problems, together. If that sounds like your dream work environment, we look forward to hearing from you.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees; we pay 100% of the employee's premium and 50% of any dependents' premiums
- Flexible time off and work from home policies
- 401(k) plan
Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
ReUp Education, Inc. ("ReUp") provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ReUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. ReUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ReUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.