Director of Data & Analytics
DID YOU KNOW THAT...
40% OF COLLEGE STUDENTS IN THE UNITED STATES DROP OUT. That’s more than 31 million Americans who were on the path to a degree but couldn’t finish. Many dropouts are the first in their family to go to college, and all face a myriad of financial, social, and academic challenges that keep them from finishing. These students are often forced to take jobs that don’t pay as well, don’t ignite their passion, and don’t let them reach their potential. Even worse, they leave college with mountains of debt just like graduates, but without the earning power of a diploma.
According to a 2016 report from Georgetown University, “of the 11.6 million jobs created after the 2008 recession, 8.4 million went to those with at least a bachelor's degree.” Further studies reveal, “occupations commonly held by those with only high school degrees shed many positions during the recession and have not recovered.”
While this completion crisis is alarming and a true tragedy of opportunity, we believe it is fixable. We believe in second (and third) chances.
Imagine if we could clear the path for students to go back to school, complete their remaining credits, and graduate. That’s what we do at ReUp. Addressing the fact that over 89% of dropouts report they’ve thought about re-enrolling, we partner with universities to re-enroll students who have taken a break from college. ReUp uses proprietary technology to locate these students and gives them the resources to get back in school. We’ve built a robust program using cutting-edge tech tools, big data analytics, marketing IP, human ingenuity, and a lot of heart and soul. Once students go back to school, we continue to support them in their quest to earn a degree.
Our numbers speak for themselves: Since February of 2017, we’ve sent over 3500 students back to school. And we’re expanding fast. We are the only higher-ed company in the U.S. to focus exclusively on serving this unique population. We are outcomes driven and incentive aligned. We get paid when we deliver for students and universities.
ReUp Education is seeking a Director of Data and Analytics to build the data backbone of our company.By helping us enhance our data infrastructure, improve our analytics practices, and hone our product strategy, you’ll enable us to achieve our ambitious goal of re-enrolling millions of college students and supporting them through graduation.
This is a great opportunity to play a pivotal role in scaling an early-stage company as we tackle a problem that affects a largely ignored population. If you’re interested in using the power of data and technology to transform the lives of people, come join us!
- Define company-wide data strategy, develop plans to achieve key milestones and manage the execution of these plans
- Design, build and maintain data infrastructure that enables ReUp to achieve current and future objectives
Oversee CRM administration to ensure that systems and data are in line with coach workflows, analytics needs, and data governance
- Develop scalable processes and tools to efficiently transfer data between university partners and ReUp systems
- Source and manage additional data resources and talent necessary to accomplish key data and analytics functions, including data storage, reporting, research, experiments, and predictive modeling
Collaborate with leadership to develop operational dashboards that inform company strategy and enable self-service analytics
- Ensure all systems containing data are secure and meet regulatory requirements and best practices
Collaborate with the Product Team to identify and implement data solutions necessary to deliver against the product vision and roadmap
- You have led or significantly contributed to defining and executing data strategies that enabled an organization to scale
- You have a strong (and demonstrated) ability to use data to solve practical problems at the organizational level
- You enjoy being a full-stack data engineer that can build an entire analytics ecosystem from scratch
- You’ve set up and maintained scalable data warehouses in the past that successfully integrate with Salesforce or other CRMs
- You’re capable of building descriptive, predictive and prescriptive statistical models - (you may not necessarily have heavy statistical experience, but you know how to model and analyze linear regressions well)
- You’re keen on helping non-technical people understand data analyses - their significance, implications - and know how to bring them in as collaborators
- You’re motivated to help the company adopt and continually improve their data-driven practices
- When it comes to education you believe that everyone deserves a second chance
- You’re comfortable working with remote team members
NICE TO HAVES
- Ability to create and improve upon data models that predict student preparedness to return to school and assess their risk of dropping out
- Experience using data to analyze operational trends and unlock new ways to improve performance and team efficiency
- Experience running and managing experiments to produce business insights
- Comfort managing teams and contractors to deliver against goals
- Experience working at an early-stage company
- Experience working in the education industry
- Exposure to predictive analytics, natural language processing, and artificial intelligence
- Experience with Python, Salesforce, Tableau, and Amazon Web Services
Candidate is either based in the Bay Area and able to work out of our San Francisco office, or if based outside of the Bay Area, able to work remotely and make periodic trips to San Francisco
ReUp employees share a passion for second chances. We fight hard to support students as they embark on finishing what they started. We believe in the power of human potential and you can feel that in our bones and our culture. We really mean it when we say we care about hiring people from diverse backgrounds. Take a look at our team tab on our website to read about our staff’s stories. We strive to create a safe and supportive environment where trust, communication, creativity, and humility are valued as highly as technical skills. We believe shared ownership builds a more resilient company, and we tackle hard problems, together. If that sounds like your dream work environment, we look forward to hearing from you.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees; we pay 100% of the employee's premium and 50% of any dependents' premiums
- Flexible time off and work from home policies
- 401(k) plan
Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
ReUp Education, Inc. ("ReUp") provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ReUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. ReUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ReUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.