Director of Sales & Partnerships
DID YOU KNOW THAT...
40% OF COLLEGE STUDENTS IN THE UNITED STATES DROP OUT. That’s more than 31 million Americans who were on the path to a degree but couldn’t finish. Many dropouts are the first in their family to go to college, and all face a myriad of financial, social, and academic challenges that keep them from finishing. These students are often forced to take jobs that don’t pay as well, don’t ignite their passion, and don’t let them reach their potential. Even worse, they leave college with mountains of debt just like graduates, but without the earning power of a diploma.
According to a 2016 report from Georgetown University, “of the 11.6 million jobs created after the 2008 recession, 8.4 million went to those with at least a bachelor's degree.” Further studies reveal, “occupations commonly held by those with only high school degrees shed many positions during the recession and have not recovered.”
While this completion crisis is alarming and a true tragedy of opportunity, we believe it is fixable. We believe in second (and third) chances.
Imagine if we could clear the path for students to go back to school, complete their remaining credits, and graduate. That’s what we do at ReUp. Addressing the fact that over 89% of dropouts report they’ve thought about re-enrolling, we partner with universities to re-enroll students who have taken a break from college. ReUp uses proprietary technology to locate these students and gives them the resources to get back in school. We’ve built a robust program using cutting-edge tech tools, big data analytics, marketing IP, human ingenuity, and a lot of heart and soul. Once students go back to school, we continue to support them in their quest to earn a degree.
Our numbers speak for themselves: Since February of 2017, we’ve sent over 3500 students back to school. And we’re expanding fast. We are the only higher-ed company in the U.S. to focus exclusively on serving this unique population. We are outcomes driven and incentive aligned. We get paid when we deliver for students and universities.
ReUp Education seeks an experienced Director of Sales & Partnerships with a strong track record of securing new clients. We are a creative bunch at ReUp and as such, we have a broad definition of “sales.” Are you the kind of person who comes home from a conference with productive connections that translate into new client opportunities? Have you successfully helped an institution adopt a new idea, initiative, or program? Have you artfully navigated tricky political situations by offering up a solution that yielded tangible results? If so, this role may be perfect for you. The ReUp Director of Sales & Partnerships reports directly to the CEO and manages the pipeline of opportunities. You will be responsible for helping to scale our work across the country and tackle a big and important problem.
FULL LIFE-CYCLE OPPORTUNITY MANAGEMENT
- Lead qualification calls, conduct product demos, provide price quotes, coordinate meetings with key decision makers and ReUp Executives, gather customer information and documents throughout the approval process, and close deals.
- Develop skill set for larger, complex opportunities through collaboration with CEO and our sales & marketing staff.
- Maintain and update sales collateral, including product overviews, pitch decks, basic screencast videos, customer proposals, etc.
- Partner with COO to develop appropriate contracting language for each opportunity.
- Generate new leads and assist with marketing activities as needed, including representing ReUp at industry conferences, leveraging social media and sharing white papers and other thought-leadership materials as a means of creating inroads with potential clients.
- Generate weekly and quarterly reports on the sales pipeline and key sales metrics.
- Document all customer information and interactions in the sales CRM (Salesforce) tool.
- Present weekly updates via Sales Ops meetings.
- Able to travel up to 30% of the time, including to industry conferences (some of which may be back to back), client facing visits, Company retreats and (if not based in SF) regular meetings in the SF-based ReUp offices.
- Consultative seller, deeply connecting with customers rather than working from a standardized script.
- Extraordinary track record of bringing in new clients to a fast growing organization.
- 5-10 years of working in sales, customer success or another customer-facing role.
- Experience at an early stage company.
- Strong working knowledge of Salesforce.
- Desire to work in a less structured sales environment and help implement the company’s first sales processes, then ultimately scale up a larger team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be equally comfortable with virtual sales calls (phone and video conference) and in-person customer meetings. Experience using basic remote employee technology such as Slack, Google-suite, Microsoft tools, Zoom, etc.
- Collaborative team member who thrives on working and learning at a fast pace. Comfortable working with a mostly remote workforce.
NICE TO HAVES
- Experience as an account executive/sales lead in a company both emphasizing technology and human services.
- Able to sell in a fluid and evolving product and service environment.
- Experience working in the education industry
Candidate is either based in the Bay Area and able to work out of our San Francisco office, or if based outside of the Bay Area, able to work remotely and make periodic trips to San Francisco
- Be the driving force in meeting aggressive growth goals.
- Build strong customer relationships that establish trust & confidence.
- Help implement sales & marketing processes to scale company growth.
- Help spread new, innovative models to existing universities.
ReUp employees share a passion for second chances. We fight hard to support students as they embark on finishing what they started. We believe in the power of human potential and you can feel that in our bones and our culture. We really mean it when we say we care about hiring people from diverse backgrounds. Take a look at our team tab on our website to read about our staff’s stories. We strive to create a safe and supportive environment where trust, communication, creativity, and humility are valued as highly as technical skills. We believe shared ownership builds a more resilient company, and we tackle hard problems, together. If that sounds like your dream work environment, we look forward to hearing from you.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees; we pay 100% of the employee's premium and 50% of any dependents' premiums
- Flexible time off and work from home policies
- 401(k) plan
Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
ReUp Education, Inc. ("ReUp") provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ReUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. ReUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ReUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.