Business Development Representative
At ReUp Education, it is our mission to clear a path for students who have taken a break from college to return to school, complete their remaining credits, and graduate.
40% OF COLLEGE STUDENTS IN THE UNITED STATES DROP OUT. That’s more than 37 million Americans who were on the path to a degree but couldn’t finish. Many dropouts are the first in their family to go to college, with a myriad of financial, social, and academic challenges that keep them from finishing.
From that point students often take jobs that don’t pay as well, ignite their passion, or let them reach their potential. Even worse, they leave college with mountains of debt just like graduates, but without the earning power of a diploma.
While this completion crisis is alarming and a true tragedy of opportunity, we believe it is fixable.
ReUp addresses the fact that over 89% of dropouts report they’ve thought about re-enrolling, by partnering with universities to re-enroll students.
ReUp uses proprietary technology to locate these students and give them the resources to get back in school. Our program includes big data analytics, marketing IP, human ingenuity, and a lot of heart and soul. Once students go back to school, we continue to support them in their quest to earn a degree.
Since February of 2017, we’ve sent over 4000 students back to school. We are the only higher-ed company in the U.S. to focus exclusively on serving this unique population.
ReUp Education desires an experienced Business Development Representative (BDR) to support the Sales Team. Through close collaboration between our marketing and sales team, you will be seeking out new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers.
Communication skills are essential in this role. While you should have previous experience developing leads from marketing campaigns and meeting sales quotas, you will also cultivate strong relationships with customers, from first contact, to closing a deal, to post-sales follow up. If you are motivated, results-driven, and enjoy working in a team environment, then we’d like to meet you!
- Coordinate outreach and marketing activities with Sales and Partnership Directors
- Qualify sales leads from marketing campaigns
- Proactively identify, contact, and present ReUp to potential clients through cold calls and emails
- Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products/services
- Customize product solutions to increase customer satisfaction
- Build long-term trusting relationships with clients
- Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) clients and Sales and Partnership Directors
- Report to sales leadership on (weekly/monthly/quarterly) sales results
- Stay up-to-date on new products/services and new pricing/payment plans
- Proven work experience in a similar role, including optimizing sales techniques (like cold calling) and achieving sales quotas
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Familiarity with MS Excel (analyzing spreadsheets and charts)
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
- BS degree in Marketing, Business Administration or relevant field
The Business Development Representative can work out of our San Francisco office, or if based outside of the Bay Area, can work remotely and make periodic trips to San Francisco.
ReUp employees share a passion for second chances. We fight hard to support students as they embark on finishing what they started. We believe in the power of human potential and you can feel that in our bones and our culture. We really mean it when we say we care about hiring people from diverse backgrounds. Take a look at our team tab on our website to read about our staff’s stories. We strive to create a safe and supportive environment where trust, communication, creativity, and humility are valued as highly as technical skills. We believe shared ownership builds a more resilient company, and we tackle hard problems, together. If that sounds like your dream work environment, we look forward to hearing from you.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees; we pay 100% of the employee's premium and 50% of any dependents' premiums.
- Flexible time off and work from home policies.
- 401(k) plan
ReUp Education, Inc. ("ReUp") provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ReUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. ReUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ReUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.