Director of Sales & Partnerships
At ReUp Education, it is our mission to clear a path for students who have taken a break from college to return to school, complete their remaining credits, and graduate.
40% OF COLLEGE STUDENTS IN THE UNITED STATES DROP OUT. That’s more than 37 million Americans who were on the path to a degree but couldn’t finish. Many dropouts are the first in their family to go to college, with a myriad of financial, social, and academic challenges that keep them from finishing.
From that point students often take jobs that don’t: pay as well, ignite their passion, or let them reach their potential. Even worse, they leave college with mountains of debt just like graduates, but without the earning power of a diploma.
While this completion crisis is alarming and a true tragedy of opportunity, we believe it is fixable.
ReUp addresses the fact that over 89% of dropouts report they’ve thought about re-enrolling, by partnering with universities to re-enroll students and help them complete their degrees.
ReUp uses proprietary technology to locate these students and give them the resources they need to get back in school. We’ve built a robust program using cutting-edge tech tools, big data analytics, marketing IP, human ingenuity, and a lot of heart and soul. Once students go back to school, we continue to support them in their quest to earn a degree.
Since February of 2017, we’ve sent over 4000 students back to school. We are the only higher-ed company in the U.S. to focus exclusively on serving this unique population.
ReUp Education seeks an experienced Director of Sales & Partnerships with a strong track record of securing new clients. Are you the kind of person who comes home from a conference with productive connections that translate into new client opportunities? Have you successfully helped an institution adopt a new idea, initiative, or program? Have you artfully navigated tricky political situations by offering up a solution that yielded tangible results? If so, this role may be perfect for you.
The ReUp Director of Sales & Partnerships reports directly to the Head of Sales and Marketing and manages the pipeline of opportunities. You will be responsible for helping to scale our work across the country and tackle a big and important problem.
FULL LIFE-CYCLE OPPORTUNITY MANAGEMENT
- Lead qualification calls, conduct product demos, provide price quotes, coordinate meetings with key decision makers and ReUp Executives, gather customer information and documents throughout the approval process, and close deals.
- Cultivate and close larger, complex opportunities through collaboration with CEO and sales & marketing staff.
- Maintain and update sales collateral, including product overviews, pitch decks, basic screencast videos, customer proposals, etc.
- Partner with COO to develop appropriate contracting language for each opportunity.
- Generate new leads in collaboration with sales support and marketing resources.
- Representing ReUp at relevant industry conferences.
- Leverage social media and other thought-leadership materials, such as white papers, as a means of creating inroads with potential clients.
- Generate weekly and quarterly reports on the sales pipeline and key sales metrics.
- Document all customer information and interactions in the sales CRM (Salesforce) tool.
- Present weekly updates via Sales Ops meetings.
- Ability to travel 30% of the time to industry conferences (some are back-to-back), client facing visits, company retreats, and regular meetings in ReUp’s SF based offices.
- Consultative seller, deeply connecting with customers rather than working from a standardized script.
- Extraordinary track record of bringing in new clients to a fast growing organization.
- 5-10 years of working in sales, customer success or another customer-facing role.
- Experience at an early stage company.
- Strong working knowledge of Salesforce.
- Able to thrive in less structured sales environment and help build out a repeatable sales process as we prepare to scale up our sales team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be equally comfortable with virtual sales calls (phone and video conference) and in-person customer meetings. Experience using basic remote employee technology such as Slack, Google-suite, Microsoft tools, Zoom, etc.
- Collaborative team member who thrives on working and learning at a fast pace.
- Comfortable working with a mostly remote workforce.
- BS degree in Marketing, Business Administration or relevant field.
NICE TO HAVES
- Experience as an account executive/sales lead in a company both emphasizing technology and human services.
- Able to sell in a fluid and evolving product and service environment.
- Experience working in the education industry.
The Director of Sales and Partnerships can work out of our San Francisco office, or if based outside of the Bay Area, can work remotely and make periodic trips to San Francisco.
ReUp employees share a passion for second chances and we believe in the power of human potential. Hiring people from diverse backgrounds is a company priority. Take a look at our team tab on our website to read about our staff’s stories. We strive to create a safe and supportive environment where trust, communication, creativity, and humility are valued as highly as technical skills. We believe shared ownership builds a more resilient company, and we tackle hard problems, together. If that sounds like your dream work environment, we look forward to hearing from you.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees; we pay 100% of the employee's premium and 50% of any dependents' premiums
- Flexible time off and work from home policies
- 401(k) plan
ReUp Education, Inc. ("ReUp") provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ReUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. ReUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ReUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.